This light and fluffy coffee mousse has all the flavors of your favorite latte in edible form. Make sure you take extra of these coffee desserts to the shower or brunch get-together, because they will go quickly.
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso granules
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1 tablespoon coffee beans, crushed, for garnish
In a small saucepan, add water and sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand for 1 minute to soften. Add coffee granules and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Stir over low heat until gelatin and coffee dissolve and small bubbles start to form (about 1 minute). Remove from heat and add white chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute and then gently stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Chill until cool but not set (approximately 10 minutes).
In a small chilled bowl, whip remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into white chocolate mixture. Pipe or spoon filling into Mini Phyllo Shells and garnish with crushed coffee beans. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 shell (17g); Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70; Calories from Fat: 45; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 2.5g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Sodium: 20mg; Total Carbohydrate: 5g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 1g; Vitamin A: 2%; Vitamin C: 0%; Calcium: 2%; Iron: 0%
• For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.
• For firmer mousse, allow filling to chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour before filling shells.