This recipe received honorable mention in Athens Holiday Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Lemon zest, for garnish
In a small bowl, combine walnuts, cranberries, cinnamon, butter, lemon juice and honey until well blended. Place Phyllo Shells on a cookie sheet and spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of walnut mixture into each shell. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 9 to 11 minutes, or until tarts are golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix yogurt and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Spoon one dollop of yogurt mixture on each Phyllo Shell. Top with lemon zest. Serve immediately.