Perfect for Valentine’s Day celebrations, these Mini Phyllo Shell desserts are filled with a creamy mixture of ricotta and mascarpone cheeses, then topped with festive chocolate chips and heart-shaped sprinkles.
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese, well drained
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Triple Sec (or 1 teaspoon pure orange extract)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heart-shaped sprinkles
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Phyllo Shells
In a large mixing bowl, combine first eight ingredients, mixing well. Gently fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Preferably chill filling for 1 hour. Spoon or pipe 1 tablespoon of filling into each shell. Sprinkle with hearts.
TIP: For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.
MAKE AHEAD: Filling can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated. Remove from refrigerator and fill shells.
VARIATIONS: Substitute shamrock sprinkles for St Patrick’s Day or star-shaped sprinkles for Memorial or Independence days.
calories 50, calories from fat 35, total fat 4g, saturated fat 2g, trans fat 0g, cholesterol 10mg, sodium 15mg, total carbohydrate 4g, dietary fiber 0g