Tangy goat cheese combined with fresh fruit and the crunch of a phyllo shell makes for a refreshing grown-up frozen treat. Add basil and/or garnish with nuts for a touch of sophistication!
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1 1/4 cup fresh mango, peeled, pitted & chopped or strawberries, hulled & chopped
- 8 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped (optional addition for strawberry filling)
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted (optional for garnish)
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped (optional for garnish)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place empty phyllo shells on a baking sheet and bake 3-5 minutes, or until toasted to light brown. Pulse fruit in a food processor or blender until the consistency of apple sauce. Set aside.
Using a hand held mixer, whip goat cheese, honey and vanilla until smooth. Fold in fruit (and basil if using with strawberry filling).
Pipe or spoon filling into phyllo shells. Garnish with coconut flakes or pistachios.
Place in air tight containers and freeze at least 6 hours and up to 2 days. Serve frozen and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 shell (21g), Amount per serving: Calories 50, Total Fat – 2.5g, Saturated fat – 1g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5mg, Sodium – 30 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrate – 5g Sugars – 1g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin D –0%, Potassium – 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%
- Strawberries contain more water than mango so filling will be slightly thinner than mango filling and will freeze to a different consistency.
- A squeeze bottle comes in handy for filling shells with strawberry filling.