- 1 1/2 ounces edible flowers, divided
- 1/2 cup watercress, divided
- 8 ounces herbed goat cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
Rough chop 1/3 cup edible flowers and 1/4 cup watercress, reserving the remainder of each for garnish. In a medium bowl, gently combine cheese, flowers, watercress, pepper and salt. Form into a log shape approximately 1 1/2” in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes. (Freezing is optional, but it is helpful, as it makes the cheese mixture easier to slice.) Slice the cheese mixture into 1/4” thick circles. Place one piece of cheese in each shell and garnish with remaining flowers and watercress.
Serve at room temperature.
Serving size: 1 shell (14g); Calories: 35; Calories from Fat: 20; Total Fat: 2.5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Sodium: 60mg; Total Carbohydrate: 2g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 0g; Protein: 2g; Vitamin A: 4%; Vitamin C: 2%; Calcium: 2%; Iron: 0%
• For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.
• Salt levels in goat cheese vary by brand. Taste the cheese before adding salt and adjust the amount you add accordingly.
• Edible flowers may be found in most grocers’ produce departments near the packaged herbs.