Delight your guests with this elegant approach to a colorful starter. It takes just 15 minutes to create 30 attention driving cocktail party appetizers.
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1/2 cup chive cream cheese
- 1-1/2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into 30 small rectangular pieces (approx. 1”x2”)
Combine peas, basil, Parmesan and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon of this pesto into each shell. Pipe or spoon chive cream cheese in the center of each. Roll each piece of prosciutto and place in shell, leaning on cream cheese.
Serving size: 1 shell (14g); Calories: 305; Calories from Fat: 20; Total Fat: 2.5g; Saturated Fat: 0.5g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 60mg; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Total Carbohydrate: 2g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 1g
For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.