This easy appetizer puts a twist on the standard tailgate fare by adding a phyllo shell crunch and shredded Swiss to the usual brat-and-sauerkraut combo.
- 14 ounce package cooked stadium bratwurst
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mustard, yellow or Dijon
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
Grill bratwurst links over low heat for 7 to 10 minutes, turning links often.
In a small bowl, mix mustard and 1/3 cup Swiss cheese with sauerkraut. Spoon into each shell. Cut grilled bratwurst into 30 pieces and place each on top of sauerkraut. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place shells on baking sheet and set on grill or under broiler just until cheese melts. Top with extra mustard, if desired.
Serving size: 1 shell (24g), Amount per serving: Calories 60, Total Fat – 4.5g, Saturated fat – 1g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 10mg, Sodium – 170 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrate – 2g, Protein 3g, Calcium - 21mg, Potassium - 49mg