These hearty vegetable appetizers are sure to be a hit at your next party.
- 3 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half and seeded
- 1 yellow pepper, cut in half and seeded
- 4 spears asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thick rings
- 1/4 head of cauliflower, sliced into 1/4″-1/2″ slices
- 1/2 portabella mushroom cap, cleaned and sliced into 1/4″ – 1/2″ slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese, drained well
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup asiago cheese (reserve 1 tablespoon for topping)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Brush all vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, 1 tablespoon tarragon and 1 tablespoon basil. Grill over medium heat until slightly charred. Chop vegetables to a small dice.
In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg and Asiago cheese. Add the remaining tarragon and basil along with the grilled vegetables, salt, pepper and cayenne. Thoroughly combine.
Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture into each shell. Sprinkle each with Asiago cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes and serve warm.
Calories 40 Calories from Fat 25 Total Fat 2.5g Saturated Fat 1.5g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 85mg Total Carbohydrate 3g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 1g Protein 1g
• Alternatively, vegetables can be roasted in the oven
• Shells can be filled, wrapped airtight and frozen. Bake without defrosting