- 8 ounces honey goat cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon pure orange extract
- 3 teaspoons raspberry seedless jam
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 10 – 30 raspberries, sliced or whole, for garnish
- Orange zest strips and/or candied orange wedges, for garnish
In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, combine goat cheese, heavy cream and orange extract. In another small bowl, mix the jam with a fork until smooth.
Drizzle jam onto goat cheese mixture. With a knife, swirl the jam to get a marbleized effect.
Pipe the filling into the shells and top each with a whole or sliced raspberry, a candied orange wedge and an orange zest strip.
Serving size: 1 shell (14g), Amount per serving: Calories 35, Calories from Fat – 10, Total Fat –2, Saturated fat –1g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol –5 mg, Sodium – 25mg,Total carbohydrate – 3g, Dietary Fiber – 0g Sugars – 1g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium – 0%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%
- To make candied orange peel, cut peel into ¼” wide strips. Place the peels in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, drain the water and repeat again with more cold water. Drain the water once again. In a medium pan, heat ¾ cup water and 1 ½ cups granulated sugar. Simmer for 8 minutes. Add the peel and simmer for 40 minutes. Do not stir. Drain any remaining syrup, sprinkle with sugar and place peels on a cooling rack to dry.