These fun desserts bring the flavors of coffee, Irish whiskey and Irish cream liqueur to white chocolate pudding and put them all in a crunchy phyllo shell.
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso or coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 1 box (1 ounce) Jell-O White Chocolate or Vanilla Sugar Free Instant Pudding
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Phyllo Shells
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 tablespoon Smucker’s salted caramel topping
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Whipped cream, for garnish
In a medium bowl, dissolve espresso or coffee granules in hot water. Add milk, Irish whiskey and pudding mix. Beat with a whisk or hand mixer for 2-3 minutes. Let mixture set for 8-10 minutes, or until it just starts to thicken. Spoon or pipe 1 tablespoon of filling into each shell. Chill in freezer at least 15 minutes while making topping.
In a medium bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, Baileys, salted caramel and heavy cream. Whisk until stiff peaks are formed. Spoon or pipe whipped cream on top of the filling. Serve immediately or freeze and serve straight from the freezer for an icy cold treat.
Serving size: 1 shell (27g) Calories 60, Calories from Fat – 30, Total Fat – 3g, Saturated fat – 1.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 10mg, Sodium – 60 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Sugars – 1g, Protein – 1g
For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.