Zucchini, squash, carrots and bell peppers get a Mini Phyllo Shell crunch and a creamy yogurt drizzle in these easy-to-prepare appetizers.
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt, drained
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- Pinch lemon zest
- Pinch orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup zucchini, fine julienne-cut
- 1/4 cup yellow squash, fine julienne-cut
- 2 tablespoons carrots, fine julienne-cut
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, fine julienne-cut
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
To make citrus yogurt sauce, in a small bowl combine yogurt, orange juice, sugar, lime zest, lemon zest, orange zest and lime juice. Chill for 1 hour.
In a small skillet, heat oil and sauté vegetables for 2 minutes. Add ginger and cook 2 minutes longer. Stirring constantly. Sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Chill for 1 hour.
Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each Phyllo Shell. Top with 1/2 teaspoon of citrus yogurt. Serve immediately.