Kids create their own lunch or snacks with these delicious to eat and fun to make macaroni and cheese phyllo shells. Kid approved!
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1 box (7.25 ounce) Macaroni & Cheese (such as Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner “blue box”)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup milk
- Assortment of your child’s favorite compatible toppings such as:
- Pulled BBQ chicken or pork
- cooked hot dogs or cocktail sausages, sliced
- broccoli pieces
- ham, cubed
- green peas
- bacon, crumbled
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes.
Prepare macaroni and cheese per instructions on the box and transfer to a serving bowl. Arrange Mac & Cheese, small bowls or ramekins with toppings along with a tray of Athens® Phyllo Shells on your Mac & Cheese bar. Kids can use their budding culinary skills to dress up their mac & cheese just how they like it.