These creamy, crunchy desserts would make a festive addition to a St. Patrick’s Day party menu.
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells – crisped in oven (see tip below)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR GARNISH –
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (melted)
- whipped topping
- semi-sweet or white baking chocolate squares, shaved
With electric mixer, blend softened cream cheese and marshmallow creme together 1 minute. Add lime juice, peppermint extract and green food coloring. Mix 1/2 to 1 minute.
Refrigerate mixture 30 minutes to chill. Fill each crisped shell with 2 teaspoons of filling. Garnish as desired.
Tip: For added crispness, bake phyllo shells in oven prior to filling. Remove shells from package. Place on baking sheet.
Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Allow shells to cool before filling.
Serving size: 1 shell (16g), Amount per serving: Calories 60, Total Fat – 3g, Saturated Fat – 1.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5 mg, Sodium – 35mg, Total Carbohydrate – 8g, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Sugars – 5g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium – 0%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%