Shiitake mushrooms, red bell peppers and mozzarella serve as perfect sidekicks to smoked or roasted chicken in these rolls featuring a light and flaky Phyllo crust.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, minced
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, chopped with stems removed
- 2 cups smoked or roasted chicken meat, minced
- 1/3 cup red bell peppers, minced
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup cut fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 40 sheets Athens Phyllo Dough (9 x 14 ), thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
In saute pan, heat oil and saute onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and saute until soft. Cool completely. Mix with remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Prepare 16 small strudel rolls according to directions for strudel using the link to the right.
Brush outside with butter and place seam side down on un-greased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated 3501/4F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve hot with Apple-Plum Cream and Fresh Zucchini Relish.