Savor the flavors of fall by serving up these easy-to-make, heavenly maple apple mini cheesecakes!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Graham Cracker Phyllo Shells
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch cloves, ground
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 tablespoons sugar until smooth. Add maple syrup and egg, beating until just blended. Spoon or pipe into graham cracker phyllo shells.
Place shells on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
In a small skillet, combine apple, butter, remaining sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Stirring occasionally, cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until apples start to soften. When cooled, spoon apple topping on each cheesecake.
Serving size: 1 shell (22g), Amount per serving: Calories 50, Total Fat –3.5, Saturated Fat –2g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 15 mg, Sodium – 35mg,Total Carbohydrate – 5g, Dietary Fiber – 0g Sugars – 3g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium – 0%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%
- Do not replace the pure maple syrup with pancake syrup as the consistency will not be the same.
- Try garnishing with whip cream, mint or drizzle with reduced maple syrup