Chicken and Waffles is good. Chicken and Phyllo is “Oh my god have you tried this?!” good. Just trust us. These bite-sized appetizers are a little bit of sweet, a little bit of savory, and a whole lot of yumminess.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fried chicken, shredded or 1/4 – 1/2″ diced
- 4 ounces honey goat cheese
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped, for garnish
In a medium bowl, whisk together 6 tablespoons syrup, Dijon mustard, olive oil, orange zest, crushed red pepper flakes.
Add chicken and coat well with syrup mixture. Marinate for 1 hour up to overnight. Preheat oven to 350⁰F. In a small bowl, blend together remaining syrup and goat cheese. Drain chicken, spoon into phyllo shells and place on baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Pipe or spoon maple goat cheese on each and garnish with chives.
Serving size: 1 shell (24g), Amount per serving: Calories 70, Total Fat –3g, Saturated fat – 1g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 10mg, Sodium – 60 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g,Total carbohydrate – 7g, Sugars – 3g, Protein – 3g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium – 12mg, Iron – 0 %, Potassium – 33mg