Cream cheese and favorite taco toppings like black beans, corn and shredded cheese lend a Mexican flair to these Phyllo-dough pinwheels.
- 10 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″x14″), thawed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Mexican style canned corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, taco blend
- Cooking spray
Thaw one roll of phyllo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, black beans, corn and shredded cheese. Mix thoroughly.
Unroll and cover phyllo with plastic wrap, then a damp towel to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of phyllo on work surface and lightly coat with cooking spray. Repeat with nine more sheets of phyllo, but do not spray the top layer of phyllo. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the layered phyllo. Starting with the long side of the phyllo, begin rolling the pinwheel tightly. Spray the last quarter inch border of phyllo to seal the seam. Cut the pinwheels into ¼ – ½ inch segments and arrange on a baking tray. Coat the outside of the pinwheels with cooking spray. Reroll unused sheets and follow storing instructions on package.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Serve.
• Pinwheel rolls can be wrapped in plastic and frozen prior to baking. To serve, unwrap, cut and bake following baking instructions.
• Brush outside of the pinwheels with egg wash to improve browning.