This recipe received honorable mention in Athens Holiday Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces Feta cheese
- 1/3 cup pancetta, finely diced
- 1/4 cup onion, small diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 8 Greek olives and 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters, for garnish
In a food processor, combine olive oil, spinach and Feta cheese until well mixed. In a small skillet, brown pancetta over medium heat. Remove pancetta from pan and lightly saute onions in the rendered pancetta fat for 2 minutes. Fold pancetta and onions into the spinach mixture. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon of filling into each Phyllo Shell. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes. Garnish with olive and tomato. Serve immediately.
Tip: For added spiciness, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of small diced jalapeno peppers on filled Phyllo Shells.