The traditional Jamaican meat pie gets a Mini Phyllo Shell crunch in these Caribbean-influenced appetizers.
- Created by Eclectic Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup potato, diced
- 1/3 cup carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 3 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
In a large skillet over medium heat add beef, onion, potato, carrot, garlic and salt. Cook until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Add peas, curry powder and beef stock. Mix well and cook until stock is almost evaporated.
Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of filling into each shell. Garnish with green onions and parsley.
TIP: For added crispness, preheat oven to 3501/4F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.