Put a seasonal favorite flavor — pecan pie — into the palm of your hand with these bite-sized dessert treats.
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Chocolate Flavor or Traditional Phyllo Shells
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
Combine egg with brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well. Add pecans and mix lightly.
Spoon filling into each shell and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Amount per serving: Calories 60, Calories from Fat – 30, Total Fat – 3.5g, Saturated fat – 0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 10mg, Sodium – 25 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrates – 5g, Sugars – 3g, Protein – 1g
- Serving Suggestions: The addition of orange zest or mini chocolate chips adds an extra punch of flavor to these delicious Mini Pecan Tarts.