We wouldn’t blame you if you snuck one of these with your morning cup of coffee. Who can resist the chocolate and coffee flavors of mocha, perfectly whipped into a light and crisp phyllo shell?
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 3 teaspoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Cooking Spray
- 20 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips 16 fresh mint leaves, for garnish
In a medium bowl, combine water, instant coffee and liqueur. Then with a mixer beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, egg, and coffee mixture. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
Lightly coat a 4” cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Layer 5 Phyllo sheets, lightly coating each with cooking spray. Cut two 5-inch circles from Phyllo stack. Place cut circle into the muffin cup. Carefully push Phyllo into cup, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Repeat 3 times to make 8 tarts.
Fill tarts with 1/4 cup of cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle cheesecakes evenly with chocolate chips. Bake in preheated 3501/4F oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Let cool. Garnish with 2 fresh mint leaves. Serve cool or chilled.