This recipe, courtesy of Adam Roush, Executive Chef at Trombino’s Bistro Italiano in Albuquerque, NM, is sure to be a hit among mushroom lovers.
- 38.4 ounces White mushroom, sliced
- 38.4 ounces Crimini mushroom, sliced
- 19.2 ounces Portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1.2 ounces Garlic, minced
- 1.2 ounces Butter
- 1.2 ounces Dried basil
- 9.6 ounces White wine
- 19.2 ounces Heavy cream
- 7.2 ounces Romano cheese, grated
- 19.2 ounces Panko breadcrumb
- †0.15 ounce Salt & Pepper
- 8.4 ounces Butter, melted
- 30 sheets Athens Phyllo Dough (14×18)
Sauté all mushrooms and garlic in 1.2 ounces butter until cooked through. Add basil and deglaze with wine. Allow to reduce slightly. Add cream and continue to reduce., by 1/3. Remove from heat and fold in 1/2 cup cheese and panko. Allow to cool completely.
Layer 5 sheets phyllo dough alternating with melted butter. Line the long side of the phyllo with 1/2-inch of the cooled filling. Roll the phyllo to create a log. Repeat 5 times to make 6 strudels. Brush the strudels with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 3501/4F for 15-20 minutes, or until phyllo is crispy. Serve immediately or chill for future use.
TIPS: Reheats well in 3501/4F oven.
Athens Ready-To-Go Phyllo Dough can be substituted for the 14×18 Phyllo dough.
Click here for Athens Ready-To-Go conversion details.