This savory tart is topped with zesty salmon and drizzled with peanut sauce for a simple meal that looks impressive. Recipe by Tracey Ceurvels of The NYC Kitchen blog.
- 1 lb salmon, cooked (recommend Cedar Bay® Applewood with Orange & Ginger Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon)
- 6-7 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″x14″), thawed
- Olive oil (for brushing the dough)
- 2 tablespoons of orange zest
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup of Thai peanut sauce
- 1/3 cup of chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons of chopped scallions
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Crushed peanuts, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place salmon on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, remove the phyllo dough from the packaging. Pour some olive oil in a small bowl or ramekin. Place tin foil or a silicone mat onto another baking sheet.
Take one sheet of phyllo dough and place it onto the foil or mat. Brush with olive oil. Add another layer and continue brushing each layer with the oil, including the top layer. Sprinkle with orange zest. After about 6-7 sheets, place in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until just browned. Remove from the oven.