Ditch the boring (and inedible) standard bowl for a crunchy and delicious Phyllo Tart Shell with this creative Caprese salad recipe.
- 1 cup red tomatoes, large diced
- 1 cup yellow tomatoes, large diced
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, large diced
- 2 pound fresh mozzarella, medium diced
- 10-12 leaves fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 12 Athens 4″ Phyllo Tart Shells
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and garlic mixing lightly. Place 3/4 cup of mixture into each tart shell. Drizzle each salad with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve Immediately.