This papaya-powered relish goes great with our Sweetwater Prawns with Prosciutto.
- 1 medium papaya, cleaned and diced
- 1/3 cup (1 medium) ripe red tomato, cleaned and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet gherkins
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers
- 3 tablespoons small capers
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In medium bowl combine papaya, tomato, parsley, chives, gherkins, red peppers and capers. In small bowl combine vinegar and garlic. Whisk in olive oil and blend well.
Pour over papaya mixture, toss and add salt and pepper to taste.