These pastel macaroon phyllo tartlets serve as great baby shower appetizers or appetizers for your next holiday party or event.
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened coconut flakes†
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk†
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almonds, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract†
- 2-3 drops gel food coloring†
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells†
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flakes, condensed milk, almonds and vanilla extract. Mix in food coloring one drop at a time until desired shade is achieved. Spoon the filling into shells. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, removing from oven just before coconut browns.
Serving size: 1 shell (15g), Amount per serving: Calories 70, Calories from Fat –35, Total Fat – 4g, Saturated fat – 3g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium –30 mg, Total carbohydrate – 7g, Dietary Fiber – 1g,Sugars –6g, Protein – 1g Vitamin A – 0%, Vitamin C – 0%, Calcium – 2%, Iron 0%