Dino Lubbat, Owner/Executive Chef, Dinotto Ristorante
- 1 set Athens® Ready-to-Go Phyllo Dough, thawed
- 6-7 medium Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs. vanilla flavor
- 1 lb. Italian vanilla gelato
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Cut one set of Athens Ready-to-Go Phyllo Dough™ into six 6″ squares.
- Lightly butter the outside of a ramekin and turn upside down on a backing tray.
- Drape each small cup with a square of Athens Ready-to-Go Phyllo Dough™.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to completely cool before turning over and removing cup.
- Place apple slices in a pan with sugar over flame. Stir mixture to thoroughly coat apple slices with sugar to caramelize.
- Add vanilla flavoring.
- When sugar is caramelized, place a scoop of gelato in each Phyllo and top with apples slices.
Serve with fresh mint.