You’re probably familiar with Taco Tuesday, but now it’s time to start a new tradition – Phyllo Fajitas Friday!
- 1 pound 8 ounce flank steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red or green bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
Season steak with garlic salt and black pepper. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add beef and cook, stirring continuously, for 4 – 5 minutes. Add onion and peppers and cook 2 – 3 minutes more. Add salsa and heat thoroughly. Remove from heat.
In a small saucepan, melt butter with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Lightly brush 3” tart pans with butter-oil mixture. Layer 5 Phyllo sheets, brushing each with the butter-oil mixture. Cut six 4-inch circles from Phyllo stack. Place cut circles in the buttered pan. Carefully push Phyllo into pan, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Repeat process 3 more times to make 24 tarts.
Bake empty Phyllo tarts in preheated 3501/4F oven for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove Phyllo tarts from pans.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling into each tart. Serve immediately.