- 1 1/2 pints fresh strawberries, de-stemmed and cored
- 2 limes, zested and quartered, zest reserved
- 1 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped and muddled
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
In a large bowl, mash strawberries to a coarse texture. Using a sieve to catch seeds, squeeze the lime quarters over the strawberries. Add the mint leaves and light rum. Stir to combine and set aside at least 1 hour to marinate.
In a medium bowl, mix the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until it forms semi-stiff peaks.
Draining off excess liquid, spoon equal amounts of the strawberry mixture into the phyllo shells and then top with a dollop of the whipped cream. Sprinkle with reserved lime zest. Serve immediately.