Phyllo-wrapped feta topped with truffle honey and fresh herbs. An elegant, simple appetizer for your next dinner party. Recipe by Ari of Well Seasoned Studio blog.
- 5 sheets Athens Phyllo® Dough (9″ x 14″ ), thawed
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- 7 oz block feta
- Fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon truffle honey or other honey
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon black sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Working quickly, transfer 1 sheet of phyllo dough to the prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, quickly brush the phyllo with butter. Immediately place another sheet of phyllo dough on top, then brush with butter. Repeat until all 5 sheets of phyllo are stacked.
Place block of feta in the center of the phyllo. Top with a few fresh sprigs of dill, then quickly and carefully fold the phyllo over the feta to create a packet. Turn the wrapped feta over so the seam side is facing down. Brush the top with melted butter, then bake for 25-30 minutes, or until phyllo is crispy and golden brown.
Drizzle phyllo-wrapped feta with truffle honey, then sprinkle on sesame seeds and sea salt, then garnish with fresh dill. Serve immediately.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.4g | Protein: 10.4g | Fat: 22.4g | Saturated Fat: 14.3g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 713mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 7.3g
- Make sure phyllo is completely defrosted before you begin.
- This appetizer is best when served day of. The phyllo dough will not be as crispy after the first day.