The tropical fruits associated with the drink this dessert is named for — pineapple and coconut — top the bill (and can even share it with a touch of rum) in these bite-sized Mini Phyllo Shell treats.
- 2/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tesapoons pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons canned coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons drained, crushed canned pineapple
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon dark rum (optional)
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells or Chocolate Phyllo Shells
- 2 tablespoons, shredded, toasted coconut, for garnish
In a small pan, combine marshmallows, milk, sugar, pineapple juice, coconut cream and butter. Cook over low heat. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth. Chill for 1 hour. In medium bowl, whip heavy cream to full volume. Fold into chilled mixture. Add pineapple, coconut and rum. Mix lightly. Chill for 1 hour. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each Phyllo Shell. Garnish with toasted coconut. Serve immediately or freeze.
These taste great frozen too! Make a large batch and keep in airtight containers in the freezer for a special frozen treat.