Courtesy of Michael N. Masseria, Executive Chef/Totally Cooked Catering, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- 16 ounces salmon, skinned and chopped
- 4 ounces red pepper, small dice
- 2 ounces red onion small dice
- 2 ounces scallion, sliced
- .5 ounce cilantro, chopped
- 2 ounces banana pepper rings, diced
- 2 lemons, zested
- .1 ounce approx. Old Bay Seasoning
- .25 ounce approx. salt
- .25 ounce approx. pepper
- .1 ounce approx. Cayenne pepper
- 5 ounces Bread crumbs
- 4 ounces Liquid egg product
- 3 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 8 ounces mayonnaise
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- .2 ounce approx. salt
- .5 ounce parsley, chopped
Mix salmon, red pepper, red onion, scallion, cilantro, banana peppers, lemon zest, seasoning, salt and pepper, cayenne, bread crumb and egg together and distribute the filling equally into the shells.
Place the shells on a sheet tray and bake at 350°F for approximately 8-12 minutes. While shells are baking, in a stand mixer cream the mayo and the cream cheese together, until well blended. Add lemon zest and juice, salt and parsley.
Once the ‘cupcakes’ are cooled, place the ‘frosting’ into a piping bag and pipe a rosette onto the top of each of the cupcakes.
- The cupcakes can be prepared ahead of time. Before service, bring the cupcakes to room temperature and pipe on the frosting.