This recipe received honorable mention in Athens’ Holiday Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest.
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and small diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced†
- 2 tablespoons yellow bell peppers, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated†
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (15-count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 30 pieces fresh chives, cut 1″ long, for garnish
In a quart-size sealable plastic bag, combine shrimp, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, onion, cilantro, red peppers, yellow peppers, ginger, salt and pepper, mixing lightly. Remove air from the bag and seal. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours, mixing occasionally. Just before serving, drain mixture well and discard liquid. Fill each Phyllo shell with 1 tablespoon of shrimp mixture and garnish with chives. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 shell (14g), Amount per serving: Calories 30, Calories from Fat – 5, Total Fat – 0.5g, Saturated Fat – 0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 10mg, Sodium – 200 mg, Total Carbohydrate – 3g, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Sugars – 0g, Protein – 3g