A salsa featuring fresh cranberries, crisp apples and a jalapeño kick provides the perfect partner to smoked turkey breast in this light, crispy Phyllo Shell appetizer.
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries, divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup Granny Smith apple, small diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2/3 cup (approx. 1/4 pound) smoked turkey breast, diced
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
To make cranberry salsa, chop half of the cranberries and set aside. In a small skillet, combine remaining cranberries with honey and heat for 2-3 minutes or until cranberries are softened.
Add the chopped uncooked cranberries, apple, onion, jalapeño pepper and ginger and cook for 1 minute longer to incorporate flavors. Mix well. Chill for 1 hour. Fill each phyllo shells with turkey.
Top with 1 teaspoon of cranberry salsa. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 shell (22g), Amount per serving: Calories 45, Total Fat –1.5g, Saturated Fat –0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol –5 mg, Sodium –100mg, Total carbohydrate – 4g, Dietary Fiber – 0g Sugars – 1g, Protein – 3g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium – 0%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%