A chili powder-seasoned mix of cream cheese, smoked salmon and sour cream gets a phyllo shell crunch and an avocado-cilantro garnish in these easy appetizers.
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 green onion
- 4 ounces low fat sour cream
- A pinch of chili powder, toasted or smoky
- 1 sprig of fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced into small wedges
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
For added crispness, preheat oven to 350°F. Remove Athens Phyllo Shells from outer carton and inner tray. Place shells on baking sheet and bake for 3 to 5 minutes. Allow shells to cool before filling.
Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Julienne smoked salmon into thin strips then dice finely. Wash and very thinly slice green onion. Mix cream cheese, salmon, green onion, sour cream and chili powder well in a small bowl.
Spoon one rounded teaspoon into each shell and garnish with two small avocado wedges and a tiny sprig of cilantro.
Arrange on platter and serve immediately.