A little booze. A little berry. Start fireworks with these spiked berry and cream filled tarts made with our phyllo shells.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 ounces mixed berries, strawberries should be hulled and quartered
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Chocolate, Graham Cracker or Traditional Phyllo Shells
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping
- 3 tablespoons red, white and blue sprinkles, for garnish
In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, Grand Marnier and sugar. Add berries, gently mixing to coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
Drain berries and spoon into phyllo shells. Pipe or spoon each with whipped topping. Top with sprinkles.
Serving size: 1 shell (22g), Amount per serving: Calories 35, Total Fat – 1, Saturated fat –0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 0 mg, Sodium – 15mg,Total carbohydrate – 5g, Dietary Fiber – 0g Sugars – 2g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium – 4mg, Iron 0%, Potassium – 20mg
For a non-alcoholic version, substitute 1 teaspoon orange extract for Grand Marnier in fruit marinade.
For spiked whipped cream: In a chilled bowl, beat ½ cup heavy cream and 1 ½ tablespoons confectioners sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add ¾ teaspoon Grand Marnier and continue beating until the cream holds soft peaks. Add ½ cup whipped cream cheese half at a time and beat just until blended.