In this easy, meat-free appetizer, spinach, sliced leek, ricotta and feta are tossed with Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice before finding a delightfully crunchy home in a Mini Phyllo Shell.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thin sliced fresh leek
- 1 cup chopped, firmly packed fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese (traditional style)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 15 almond slices, toasted, to garnish
In a small skillet, heat oil. Saute leek until soft. Add spinach and saute for 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat and add ricotta cheese, feta cheese, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice. Toss lightly.
Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each phyllo shell. Garnish each with an almond.
Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm