Quesadilla fillings in a crunchy Mini Phyllo Shell will add a fun Mexican flair to your next fiesta.
- †1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red peppers, cut into thin strips about 1 inch long
- 1/4 cup yellow peppers, cut into thin strips about 1 inch long
- 1/2 cup onions, cut into thin strips about 1 inch long
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup cooked beef (leftover steak or pot roast), cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to tast
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 packages (15-count each) Athens Mini Phyllo Shells
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Heat olive oil in a medium pan. Add peppers and onions. Sauté for about 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and beef. Lower heat and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. If there is excess oil, drain. Place a teaspoon of cheese in the bottom of each shell. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of meat/pepper mixture into each shell and top with more cheese.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Calories 35/ Calories from Fat20/ Total Fat2.5g/ Saturated Fat 1g/ Trans Fat 0g/ Cholesterol 5mg/ Sodium 70mg/ Total Carbohydrate 2g/ Dietary Fiber 0g/ Sugars 0g/ Protein 2g/ Vitamin A 0%/ Vitamin C 0%/ Calcium 2%
MAKE AHEAD: Before baking, filled shells can be wrapped in plastic and frozen. To serve, unwrap and bake per directions (no need to thaw before baking).
VARIATIONS: Can also be made with cooked shredded chicken