This recipe received honorable mention in Athens Holiday Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest.
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, for garnish
In food processor, combine almonds, apricots, figs, coconut, honey, cinnamon and cloves, until smooth. Make 15 1-inch balls and dust with powdered sugar. Place one ball into each Phyllo Shell pressing down lightly. Use 4 almond slices to make fairy wings on each. Serve immediately.