This simple-to-prepare appetizer features a burst of flavor from fresh mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes, made even more irresistible with a Mini Phyllo Shell crunch.
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella ball, 1/4″ diced
- 3 tablespoons oil-packed, sundried tomatoes, patted dry and 1/8″ diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced in strips
- 11/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 11/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- Flake sea salt, to garnish
In a medium, non-metal, mixing bowl, combine mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon basil, vinegar and oil. Mix thoroughly. Fill mini shells with one heaping teaspoon of mixture. Garnish with flake sea salt and the remaining basil. Serve.
Serving size: 1 shell (14 g), Amount per serving: Calories 45, Calories from Fat – 25, Total Fat – 3g, Saturated fat – 1g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5mg, Sodium – 40 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Sugars – 0g, Protein – 2g