Make it Fabulous with Phyllo Recipe Contest Entry
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium or 1 1/2 large Haas avocados, small dice or coarsely mashed
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeños (or any jarred jalapeños), drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels, canned, drained
In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until smooth. Mix in avocados, pickled jalapeños, salt and pepper.
Pipe or spoon filling into the shells. Garnish each shell with corn kernels. Serve immediately.
For added crispness, preheat oven to 350°F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.