- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and pureed
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 18 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″x14″), thawed
- Cooking spray
- Candied pecan halves, for garnish
Thaw one roll of phyllo, following thawing instructions on package.
In a medium bowl, whisk together sweet potato puree, egg white, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and bourbon.
Lightly coat a 4” muffin pan with cooking spray. Unroll and cover phyllo sheets with plastic wrap, then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of phyllo on work surface, spray lightly with cooking spray layer and repeat with to make a stack of 6 phyllo sheets. Cut three 5-inch circles from phyllo stack. Place layered phyllo circles into a muffin cup. Carefully push phyllo into cup, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Repeat process to make 8 shells.
Evenly divide sweet potato mixture among unbaked shells. Bake in preheated 350ºF oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool. Serve cool or chilled.