Salmon and cream cheese bring a powerful flavor combo to these easy-to-prepare Mini Phyllo Shell appetizers.
- 3 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke seasoning
- 1 16 oz. can salmon, drained, cleaned and flaked
Remove Mini Shells from freezer. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, salt, black pepper and liquid smoke seasoning.
Add the salmon, mixing lightly. Chill for 1 hour. Fill each mini Phyllo shell with 2 teaspoons of filling using a pastry bag or teaspoon. Garnish with sliced scallions, pimentos or sliced olives. Serve cold.