Make it Fabulous with Phyllo Recipe Contest Entry
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1/2 pound medium Easy-Peel (deveined) shrimp
- juice of 1/2 fresh lime or prepared lime juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons prepared Thai Peanut Sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion tops, chopped
Steam shrimp until coral in color; about 5 minutes. Shell, then chop into small pieces, yielding about 2 cups of chopped shrimp. Add the lime juice, Thai peanut sauce, cilantro and onions to bowl. Mix thoroughly. Spoon the filling into each Phyllo shell.
Note: The shrimp mixture can be prepared ahead of time, refrigerated, and spooned into shells right before serving.