Who says vegetarian dishes can’t wow the taste buds? Tofu, zucchini, green onions, carrots and mushrooms make this a favorite amongst vegetarian appetizers for parties that everyone will love.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) firm tofu, drained
- 2 cupszucchini, shredded
- 1 cupcarrots, shredded
- 1/2 cupshitake mushrooms, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cupgreen onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 2packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1/4 cupThai-style chili sauce
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, salt, pepper and ginger. Crumble tofu into egg mixture. Gently mix in zucchini, carrots, mushrooms and green onions until combined. Spoon one heaping teaspoon of filling into shells and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with Thai chili sauce and serve warm.
Serving size: 1 shell (20g), Calories: 25, Calories from Fat: 5, Total Fat:1g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 45mg, Dietary Fiber: 0g,Total Carbohydrate: 2g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 8%, Vitamin C: 2%, Calcium: 2%, Iron: 2%
Tofu and jarred minced ginger can be found in most grocers’ produce departments.