This recipe reeceived honorable mention in Athens Holiday Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried chopped apricots
- 1/4 cup medium diced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup coarse chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 2 tablespoons honey, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons thin, bias-sliced green onions, for garnish
In a medium saute pan, combine butter, balsamic vinegar, cider vinegar, cranberries, apricots, mushrooms, pecans, allspice and salt. Bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Stir in vanilla extract. Place 2 teaspoons of filling into each Phyllo Shell. Drizzle with honey and garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.