In these easy appetizers, turkey, celery, mandarin oranges and cranberries create a mighty mix in a crunchy phyllo shell.
- 2/3 cup canned Mandarin orange slices, each cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons reserved Mandarin orange juice
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/3 cups cooked turkey breast, shredded or short julienne-cut
- 2 tablespoons celery, small diced
- 4 teaspoons green onions, small diced
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, for garnish
Drain Mandarin oranges and reserve juice.
In a small bowl, whisk Mandarin orange juice, vinegar, sugar, oil, and mustard. Add turkey, Mandarin oranges, celery and onions. Mix lightly. Chill for 1 hour.
Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each phyllo shell. Garnish with dried cranberries. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 shell (28g), Amount per serving: Calories 45, Total Fat –1g, Saturated Fat –0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol –5 mg, Sodium –150mg, Total carbohydrate – 5g, Dietary Fiber – 0g Sugars – 2g, Protein – 3g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium – 0%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%
Quick, easy and most importantly delicious use for Thanksgiving leftovers!