A breeze to prepare, these phyllo shell appetizers feature lump crab meat and water chestnuts, plus a warm, spicy-sweet kick brought by a Chinese 5-spice blend.
- 8 ounces crab meat, lump, drained
- ¼ cup water chestnuts, ¼″ diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice
- 3 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, ¼″ diced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Fill shells with one rounded teaspoon of crab mixture. Garnish with green onion. Serve chilled.