Make it Fabulous with Phyllo Recipe Contest Entry
- 1/3 cup caramel-flavored Irish Creme Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups apple pie filling, drained
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 20 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″x14″), thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream sundae topping
In medium saucepan, over medium heat, simmer liqueur, water and sugar for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in apples and peanuts. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
Layer 5 phyllo sheets, brushing each with melted butter. Place filling at one end of phyllo strip widthwise, leaving 1″ from end and 1″ from each side free of any filling. Fold phyllo over the filling to form a roll. Fold side edges in to enclose the sides. Roll up to the end of phyllo strip. Score top of rolls for easier slicing. Brush outside of roll with butter. Repeat process 3 times to make 4 rolls.
Bake seam side down, at least 1″ apart, in ungreased baking pan in preheated 3501/4F oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle caramel over each roll. Serve warm or at room temperature.