Check out these Apple, Goat Cheese and Pesto Mini Phyllo Shells! A healthy appetizer sure to please the palate of your all your party guests.
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Mini Phyllo Shells
- 2 Macintosh apples
- 1 package (8 ounce) goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- Balsamic reduction for garnish†
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool.
- Cut 30 pieces of apple about the diameter of a dime and a 1/4-inch high. Place one piece of apple in each shell.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and basil pesto. Pipe or spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of goat cheese mixture on top of apple.
- Thinly slice left over apple, including the peel, for garnish. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Serve at room temperature.
Serving Size 1 shell (14g) Servings Per Container 30 Calories 25 Calories from Fat 15 Total Fat 1.5g Saturated Fat .5g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 5mg Sodium 35 mg Total Carbohydrate 3g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 1g Protein 1g
To keep apples from turning brown, soak the pieces of apple in cold water with a little lemon juice or Fruit Fresh while you are assembling the appetizers. Dry the pieces before garnishing.